Use the table below to match your data storage needs with a storage class. The sections below the table describe each storage class in more detail.
|Storage Class||Characteristics||Use Cases||Price (per GB per month)**|
||Storing data that is frequently accessed (“hot” objects) around the world, such as serving website content, streaming videos, or gaming and mobile applications.
For Multi-Regional Storage data stored indual-regional locations, you also get optimized performance when accessing Google Cloud Platform products that are located in one of the associated regions.
||Storing frequently accessed data in the same region as your Google Cloud DataProc or Google Compute Engine instances that use it, such as for data analytics.||$0.020|
||Data you do not expect to access frequently (i.e., no more than once per month). Ideal for back-up and serving long-tail multimedia content.||$0.010|
||Data you expect to access infrequently (i.e., no more than once per year). Typically this is for disaster recovery, or data that is archived and may or may not be needed at some future time.||$0.007|
*The availability SLA is the monthly uptime percentage backed by the Cloud Storage SLA. If Google fails to meet that uptime, customers are eligible to receive a credit as described in the Cloud Storage SLA.
**Prices listed are general storage prices, which apply to storing data in most locations. Certain locations have a separate pricing structure. In addition to storage pricing, there are also costs for performing operations, data egress, and early deletion. For details, see the pricing page.
All storage classes are designed for:
- Creating buckets in locations worldwide.
- Using the same tools and APIs to access data, including the XML API and JSON API, the command-line gsutil tool, the Google Cloud Platform Console, and the client libraries.
- Using the same OAuth and granular access controls to secure your data.
- 99.999999999% (11 9’s) annual durability, achieved by redundantly storing objects across multiple devices located in multiple availability zones. Checksums are stored and regularly revalidated to proactively verify the data integrity of all data at rest as well as to detect corruption of data in transit. Multi-regional and dual-regional locations provide supplemental protection against region-wide failures by storing data in at least two geographically separated locations.
- No minimum object size.
- Low latency (time to first byte is typically tens of milliseconds).
- The same data security through encryption at rest.
- Using with other Cloud Storage features like object versioning, object notification, access logging, lifecycle management, per-object storage classes, and composite objects and parallel uploads.
- Unlimited storage that can be accessed worldwide.
- Paying only for what you use.
For more information about storage pricing, see Cloud Storage Pricing.